Not much happening worthwhile in 2022.
- Total life birds: 1115. An armchair tick with taxonomic changes.
- Total ABA-area birds: 589. Ditto.
- Total state birds: 333. No change. Plenty of opportunity, though. Michigan hosted two Limpkins, a Variegated Flycatcher, a Southern Lapwing… but even chasing birds was just not really feasible for us this year.
- Total birds, Washtenaw County: 247. Black Tern and Short-billed Dowitcher.
- Total birds in my home township of Lodi Township: 208. The tern, along with Merlin, and Ross’s Goose.
- Yard birds: 167. The Merlin, and a flyover Lesser Yellowlegs.
Former work county. Again, I don’t get down there much, but am always looking to add to the county total.
- Wayne County: 274. Stilt Sandpiper.
- Total Dearborn birds: 231. No change.
- Total birds at work: 203. No change.